The job of a tree surgery is in high demand, since people are looking for professional services for a better treatment of their trees and to get a high aesthetic value. This demand has led to the increase of the number of non professional tree surgeons in the UK, due to which it is more likely for a common man to hire a bad surgeon. Since, surgery of trees has been a skillful act that is gained by a surgeon after going through a professional training and an experience of practical work in the field. Before selecting a surgeon for the job, you need to make a list of all the tasks that are required to be done by the professional. With this approach, you will get a better service, saving you time and money for other useful activities. A few suggestions for selecting a specialized surgeon for trees are given below, that might help you save money to get the job done.
- Begin with the search for specialists present in your area, which you can get help from the internet or by consulting your social contacts. Ask them for references to the best service providers known to them for making a preference list of your own.
- Consult all the surgeons available in your area to shorten the list and get out some certified names having a sufficient training and an adequate insurance.
- Make sure that the specialist, which you are consulting to hire, adheres to the British Standards before carrying out a surgery. Major British Standards for working on trees are as listed below
- British Standard 3998:1989, including any standard recommendations for working on trees.
- British Standard 5837:1991
- To search for affordable tree surgeons, you must ask various service providers to send you written quotes for the service cost. Study the quotes thoroughly and make sure that it includes all the tree surgery tasks that you need and discussed with the surgeon. This will help you know about any hidden charges of the service and will help you compare the different services efficiently.
- Ensure that the tree, for which you are looking for a service, is not protected, since a protected tree might not need any surgery. A local planer or authority designated can help you with the matter or a professional surgeon will provide you the best advice for the same.
- There are certain areas or circumstances, which require you to attain a permit before beginning with the process of a surgery. The permission might be required from a local authority or the forestry commission for legalizing the surgery. So, you must consult the authority in your area dealing with such cases to prevent from being prosecuted or penalized in the future. This small step can prevent you from being charged with heavy fines, thus putting off heavy charges for a tree surgery at your home.
Thus, above mentioned steps can help you find a genuine tree specialist within your budget, along with averting you from extra expenses like fines or other charges.